Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another Pencil Test

Here's a cruddy little piece of animation. I'm going to keep adding to it, there's a reason he starts out in that awkward position. I just haven't drawn it yet. I've still got a couple more drawings to add to this bit also. I'm a little bit happy with the few frames of smear drawings. I've been freeze framing Bobo Cannon's animation in some of Chuck Jones' shorts, especially "Dover Boys" and it's starting to sink in. Yes, I know it looks like a poor man's excuse for Tex Avery's wolf. I think I study Louis Schmitt's model sheets too much. The drawing above is probably the best of the bunch. Too bad it only lasted two frames.

5 comments:

Ryan Khatam said...

nice, kevin!

that very first pose is super neat. was it referenced or did you come up with it yourself?

Kevin Langley said...

Hey thanks Ryan. Surprisingly, I drew something without reference for once. It took awhile to get it to look halfway decent though.

Craig D said...

Yeah, I can see something good coming from this! Keep us posted as you refine it.

Anonymous said...

that wolf is fine.dont be so hard on yourself! I cant stop drawing Tex Avery wolf's head(especially when talking on the phone)-always different versions.And Daffy Duck's head too.

TheFuzzyPubes said...

WOW!!!
great job!