Monday, December 20, 2010

Goober Sleeve, revisited

So I've decided to revisit a short I started working on a few years ago but abandoned because I was unhappy with my abilities at the time. I don't think I'm any happier now with the way I draw but I've decided to revise the short. I'm going to start with sprucing up the storyboard. The gags are pretty weak so I want to make it funnier. I'll work on the character designs too as I'm not happy with them either. I'm hoping to speed up the tempo and work in some "Tyeresque" animation. I just want to have fun with it as I haven't found drawing all that much fun lately. Hopefully, I'll make some progress in the next few weeks. Here's some of the only footage I animated a few years ago. Not very good, but I'm hoping to improve on it.

6 comments:

Ricardo Cantoral said...

Kev, everyone else seems to know how good you are except you. :(

Will Finn said...

My unsolicited advice: make it simple-simple as possible, but make it. Keeping things short and simple can allow a sense of completion that isn't years away and then you can fashion the next one to focus on what you want to build on from the previous. And so on. . .

Everyone I've ever met who's any good wishes they were better. But only doing makes that happen to any degree. There is no substitute for time and experience. Best of luck...

Kevin Langley said...

Thanks Ricardo, I appreciate the encouragement.

Will, I'll gladly take advice from you, unsolicited or not. I think you're right. I need to just make it. I can apply any lessons learned to whatever I do after it. Thanks for stopping by.

Obsessive Compulsive Cartoons said...

I really like the animation style you used,very fun and solid.Sorry that I'm commenting on this a few months after you posted it,just came across your blog and liked the animation.Hope to see more,keep it up.:)

Kevin Langley said...

Thanks Luke, hopefully I'll have something to show soon. Still got a lot to do before I begin animating.

Mykal Banta said...

That's funny!