Here's my stab at lesson 4. This was my favorite so far, drawing George and one of my all-time favorites Screwy Squirrel. The drawings by themselves are OK but once I compare them to Preston Blair's the mistakes are very obvious. Oh well, just gotta keep practicing and correct those mistakes.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Here's some comparisons of my pitiful attempts alongside Prestons Blair's originals.
What's wrong with this one.
- Eye shapes are off
- The muzzle should curve to the left
- Everything about the ears
- The curvature at the top of the nose
This one is just a mess. I defintely will redraw this one, I love the expression of the original.
- The eyes again are wrong
- The shape of the nose
- The ears
- The right side of the jaw needs to curve out further
- The mouth is too high up
At first I thought this one came out alright. Then I did a side by side comparison.
- The head is too small
- The angle of the neck is to straight and stiff
- The nose is too straight ahead, it should curve down more
- Angle of the bottom jaw is off
- The chin is much to big